Important Things to Know:
1. MTH 086, 088, 089, 091, 092, 093, and 094 are 8-week, 2-credit-hour, modular courses that must be taken in order.
2. Most math modules are offered every 8 weeks.
3. At the time you register for a module for the first 8 weeks of the semester, it is recommended that you also register for the subsequent module for the second 8 weeks of that semester. Pay close attention to the dates the classes meet!
4. Many sections are set up in a way that will allow you to sign up for two subsequent modules in the same semester that meet in the same room, at the same times, and have the same instructor.
When searching for Math classes via the RVC Online Schedule, you will see a link icon connecting the two courses together so you will know which courses are linked and that you will need to register for both sections (see screen shot below).
Note: Registration for classes meeting during the second 8 weeks is open throughout the first eight weeks of the semester.
1. You can register for ANY math module that has an opening. You can also change which section you're registered for during the 2nd 8 weeks.
2. Check Online Services for classes with available seats--pay attention to the dates the class meets. More seats may become available so check Online Services regularly.
3. You can register online or in person at the Records Office (2nd floor of the Student Center).
What module should you register for in the second 8 weeks?
1. Repeat the module you're in now if the class is the right difficulty but you just need to work harder.
2. If the current module is too hard, take a lower module to get the skills you're missing.