Updated 5/18/2022 at 10:33 AM
The Center for Learning in Retirement is happy to continue offering a combination of IN-PERSON and ONLINE classes for the summer 2022 semester! This page was created to answer some frequently asked questions regarding our classes. If you are new to online classes, we want you to know we are here to help you and guide you through the process! If you go through this page and do not find the answer you need, reach out to the CLR office at (815) 921-3931 and we will be happy to assist you!
Is there a catalog with the class schedule for the summer semester?
- Yes! The summer 2022 catalogs were mailed on May 9, 2022. You can also access the schedule by clicking the blue 'Class Schedules' tab on the right side of this page. The schedule for summer reflects classes offered in June, July, and August.
How many classes will be offered for the summer?
- There will be 60 CLR classes offered this summer including in-person and online options, as well as college collaboration classes (online only).
How do you register for classes?
- Once you receive the CLR summer catalog in the mail, you will find a class registration form inside. You can also find these forms using the blue 'Registration Forms' tab on the right of this page. Select your desired classes, fill out the form, attach payment in the form of a check and mail to: Rock Valley College - CLR, 3301 N. Mulford Rd., Rockford, IL 61114.
- You can also bring your registration form with check or cash payment to the CLR office (3350 N. Bell School Rd., Rockford, IL 61114) during our normal business hours or place it in the black drop box outside the west door. All forms are also available in the CLR office.
NOTE: Only current CLR members and CLR members from the prior year are mailed a copy of the CLR catalog containing the class schedule. It can be mailed to anyone upon request.
Is there a registration deadline?
- The registration deadline for in-person classes is any time before the class begins. If registering for an online class, it's best to register one day prior to the class. (Zoom information for online classes is emailed one day prior to the class around 2:00 PM). If you are registering the day before a class starts, you will need to bring payment in the form of cash or check to the CLR office at the Bell School Road Center (3350 N. Bell School Rd., Rockford, IL 61114). CLR does not accept credit/debit, over-the-phone, or online payments.
Will we be able to pay for our classes online?
- CLR is not currently set up to take online payments. You will need to fill out the registration form, attach payment, and mail to the CLR office at Rock Valley College - CLR, 3301 N. Mulford Rd., Rockford, IL 61114 or bring to the CLR office during our normal business hours. If outside of our business hours, you can place registration and payment in the drop box outside the west entrance of the Bell School Road Center.
Will I get a schedule of my classes after I register?
- Yes. Once you are registered, you will receive a mailed copy of your schedule confirming all of the classes that you are registered for from Rock Valley College.
NOTE: If you registered for a class that is missing from your student schedule, the class is most likely full and you have been placed on the waiting list. If this is the case, you should receive a message from the CLR office to notify you.
- If your class is IN-PERSON, confirm your classes with your student schedule and arrive at the assigned location of the class at the scheduled date/time. The CLR facilitator assigned to the class will direct you from there.
- If your class is ONLINE via Zoom, you will receive an email with the Zoom link to your class along with any handouts that have been provided by the instructor one day prior to the scheduled start date around 2:00 PM.
NOTE: If you are taking an ONLINE class, please do not share the Zoom link with other students as our CLR facilitators will be checking students into the class using the CLR registration roster.
What is the class cancellation policy?
- If you wish to cancel from a class, you must do so at least one day prior to the scheduled start date in order to receive a refund. There is a $5 per class cancellation fee and no refunds are given after a class begins. If you know you will be unable to attend a class, it would be appreciated of you let the office know. It provides an opportunity to those on the waiting list to be contacted.
Are online classes recorded to watch at a later time?
- Almost all CLR Zoom classes will be recorded. If you are unable to attend a class that you signed up for, send Allison King an email at A.King@RockValleyCollege.edu or call the CLR office at (815) 921-3931 explaining your situation. If the class you missed has been recorded, you may request the link to the recording 1-5 days after the class has ended. If you do not wish to watch the recording, please contact the CLR office at least one day prior to the scheduled class start date to inform us of your cancellation.
NOTE: Not all online CLR classes will be recorded. It is highly recommended to contact the CLR office prior to your online class meeting date/time to ensure that there will be a recording of a specific class. These recordings will only be available for seven days after the class has ended. Once the week has elapsed, the link will no longer be active and you will no longer be able to access it. COLLEGE COLLABORATION CLASSES HOSTED BY OTHER COMMUNITY COLLEGES ARE NOT RECORDED.
Can we use the CLR library?
- The CLR library is OPEN! The library is open during the CLR office hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM).
Will there be any bus trips or social events for the summer?
- CLR is happy to announce a bus trip to Lake Geneva for the U.S. Mailboat Tour and Lunch at Popeyes this summer, as well as an upcoming social event! Information on the social event will be released in the CLR spring Word to the Wise newsletter. For more information click the blue 'Trips & Socials' tab on the right side of this page.
What is Zoom?
- Zoom is an easy-to-use video communications tool that has become the standard for connecting with others face-to-face virtually. This online service is useful in business, education, and personal settings providing a way to communicate with friends and family remotely. This technology, that nearly anyone can access, allows users to meet with or without video and participate in virtual meetings or classes from their computer, mobile device, or phone.
- Learn the story of Zoom here --> Zoom Story
Where can I download the latest version of Zoom?
- You can download the Zoom Client for Meetings application from the download center at zoom.us/download.
How much does a Zoom account cost?
- A basic Zoom license is free. A paid account is only needed if you are setting up your own meetings.
Do you need an account to use Zoom?
- An account is not required to join a class, however, if you plan to take multiple classes, it is highly recommended to create a basic, free account. You can sign up for an account at zoom.us/signup.
How do I join a meeting?
- The easiest way to join a meeting is by directly clicking the link sent to you via email by CLR. If this does not work for you, you can join a meeting manually by entering the Meeting ID and Password that is also included in the email sent to you by CLR. Instructions on how to do this are located at the bottom of this page. Links to these instructions will also be included in the email sent to you containing the Zoom information for each class.
If I do not have a computer or tablet, can I still join a meeting?
- Zoom is available on a wide variety of devices including laptop or computer (Windows or Apple/Mac), tablet (iPad/Kindle/Android Fire), smartphone (iPhone or Android), and telephone (cell phone or landline). If you have further questions on how to join a meeting using one of these devices, contact the CLR office and we will help you.
Do I have to have a webcam or microphone to use Zoom?
- You are not required to have a webcam or microphone to join a Zoom meeting.
- NOTE: You will be able to listen, but others will not be able to see or hear you.
When will I receive the Zoom link to my classes?
- Zoom links for each class will be emailed one day prior to the scheduled date of the class around 2:00 PM. If you have a class that is multiple sessions, you will receive a new Zoom link each week for the class. (If your class is on a Monday, you will receive the Zoom link via email on the Friday before the class starts.)
I'm clicking the Zoom link, but nothing is happening. What do I do?
- If the link does not work, you can copy the link and paste it into a web browser search engine such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. You can also try joining the Zoom link manually using the Meeting ID and Password. Instructions for this process are located at the bottom of this page.
What if I don't receive the Zoom link to my class?
- If, for some reason, you have not yet received the emailed Zoom link one hour prior to the class beginning, contact the CLR office at (815) 921-3931. Make sure you check your spam and junk folders, as our emails have sometimes ended up in those folders for some members.
What if I sign up for a class, but the link doesn't work and I cannot get in?
- If you have any trouble signing into the class on the day the class is scheduled, please contact the CLR office at (815) 921-3931.
- NOTE: You are encouraged to sign into Zoom 15-20 minutes before the class is scheduled to begin.
Here are some step-by-step instructions on using Zoom to attend CLR classes. These are provided and created by CLR for the use of our members.
NEW! CLR YouTube Channel with Zoom Tutorial Videos
CLR is now on YouTube! The videos on our channel are dedicated to providing members with helpful tutorial videos covering various topics including navigating Zoom! If you are having trouble with Zoom, we encourage you to check out the NEW RVC Center for Learning in Retirement YouTube Channel for help. If you cannot find your answer there, contact the CLR office at (815) 921-3931.