The Adult Education department has a Transitions Coordinator who is available to assist students with a variety of needs while transitioning into a career or into college. Below are some of the one-on-one services that the Transitions Coordinator can offer to Adult Education students.
Call the Transitions Coordinator at (815) 921-4296 to make an appointment!
- We will sit down and build a skills-based resume based on your past work experience
Job Search Assistance
- We will explore job search websites and I can assist with filling out job applications
- Do you have an interview coming up? We will practice interviewing skills and how impress the employer at an interview.
Assistance Applying to College
- Help filling out FAFSA (Financial Aid)
- Assistance in finding the steps to enroll in college
Assistance Enrolling in Workforce Connection for College Funding
- Assistance in applying to Workforce Connection to see if you are eligible for funding for training
Assistance Learning How to Network
- Help creating a LinkedIn profile for professional networking
- Learn about networking opportunities in your local community
- Assistance looking at different career options (wages, local job openings, education needed to apply)
- Assessments to help you determine what jobs may be a good fit for you based on your skills and interests