The Adult Education department has a Transitions Coordinator who is available to assist students with a variety of needs while transitioning into college or a career. Below are some of the one-on-one services that the Transitions Coordinator can offer to Adult Education students.
- Assistance looking at different career options (wages, local job openings, education needed to apply)
- Assessments to help you determine what jobs may be a good fit for you based on your skills and interests
- Explore what programs Rock Valley College has to offer
- Introduction of ICAPS programs, if interested
Assistance Applying to College
- Guidance through the Getting Started Steps - apply, take placement test, pick out classes, enroll
Assistance finding funding for college
- Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Explore scholarships
- Assistance enrolling in the Workforce Connection, if eligible
Referrals to other agencies as necessary
Call the Transitions Coordinator at (815) 921-4296 to make an appointment!