What is Mechatronics?
Mechatronics is an emerging field that blends skills in mechanical, electrical, and computer systems. Mechatronics technicians and engineering technologists use a combination of mechanical, electrical, computer, and software skills to work with smart technologies, such as robots, automated guided systems, and computer-integrated manufacturing equipment.
Learn more about Mechatronics.
What is the Mechatronics ICAPS program?
The Mechatronics ICAPS is a short-term program that helps prepare students for employment in the mechatronics field as an electrical and electronic engineering technician, an industrial machinery mechanic, or a mechanical engineering technician. Qualifying students earn a college certificate with academic support.
- Academic support in the college courses
- An additional academic support class that provides assistance with college coursework, test preparation, and college & career readiness skills
- Transition to college and help with any obstacles that arise
- Assistance with the financial aid process
- Books and materials that are provided at no cost
- Employability skills and assistance with job search
- Preparation for Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) exam, an industry-recognized credential for graphics.
Financial Assistance may be available.
- Former or current adult education students
- GED graduates
- Prospective students whose first language is not English
- Prospective students who place into developmental reading on the ACCUPLACER placement test
- Prospective students attempting college for the second time
- MEC 100/101/102 - Mechanical Systems (3 credits)
- MEC 110111/112 - Electrical Systems (3 credits)
- MEC 120/121/122 - Graphics (3 credits)
- MEC 130/131/132 - Robot Design and Application (3 credits)
- MEC 140/141/142 - Advanced Manufacturing (3 credits)
- STU 103 - Workplace Ethics (1 credit)
- Academic Support Class
Classes are in the evenings on the main campus and online.
The ICAPS application is open for Fall Semester 2021.
Please complete the interest survey below to be contacted by our staff!
Interested and want to learn more? Fill out the form below.