Earn a welding certificate in 9-12 months!
The Industrial Welder ICAPS is a short-term program that helps prepare students for employment as an entry-level welder. Qualifying students earn a college certificate with academic support.
- Academic support in the college classroom
- An additional academic support class that provides assistance with college coursework, test preparation, and college & career readiness skills
- Transition to college and help with any obstacles that arise
- Assistance with the financial aid process
- Books and materials that are provided at no cost
- Employability skills and assistance with job search
- Preparation for the American Welding Society's D 1.1 certification exam
Financial Assistance may be available
- Former or current adult education students
- GED graduates
- Prospective students whose first language is not English
- Prospective students who place into developmental reading on the ACCUPLACER placement test
- Prospective students attempting college for the second time
- WLD 100 - Introduction to Welding (3 credits)
- WLD 153 - Arc Welding: Flat/Horizontal (3 credits)
- WLD 150 - Blueprint for Welders (3 credits)
- WLD 157 - M.I.G. Welding (3 credits)
- WLD 158 - T.I.G. Welding (3 credits)
- STU 103 - Workplace Ethics (1 credit)
- Academic Support courses each semester
The ICAPS application for Fall 2020 Semester is now open. Classes begin in August and now is the time to start applying and preparing for college.