In order to take your placement test at a remote location, follow the steps below.
- Submit an application to RVC
- Check RVC placement requirements to see if you have met our requirements in another way (i.e. ACT, SAT, GED, Transcripts)
- Consider preparing for the placement test
- Find an ACCUPLACER Testing Center in your area. The testing Center at your local community college can likely serve as a resource for this.
NOTE: If you cannot make it to a local ACCUPLACER Test Site, ACCUPLACER allows the use of Examity for online proctoring. Examity is a secure remote online proctoring service that allows you to take your ACCUPLACER test(s) when it is most convenient (24/7/365), helping you perform your best on test day.
- Contact RVC Testing Center either via email or by phone (815) 921-2385 indicating your interest in taking the ACCUPLACER placement test for RVC at an alternate location. Be sure to include the following:
- First and last name, birth date, RVC ID Number, address, phone number, email address, name, and the address of your selected ACCUPLACER test site .
- Upon receipt of this information, RVC Testing Center staff will generate a voucher to be used for testing at your chosen ACCUPLACER institution. You will receive an e-mail confirmation. If after 48 hours and after checking your spam/junk folders you have not received the e-mail confirmation, contact us at (815) 921-2385 or via email.
- Contact your designated proctor to make arrangements for them to proctor your ACCUPLACER placement test. You will need to bring the voucher, a photo ID and any payments required by your chosen institution.
- Upon test completion, contact RVC Testing Center by phone (815) 921-2385 or via email letting us know that you have completed testing so that we can retrieve your test scores.