If your academic institution requires a placement test as a part of the enrollment process, but you can’t make it to your campus for testing, the Rock Valley College Testing Center can serve as a proctor. Before contacting the Testing Center, please follow the guidelines below.
- Contact the academic institution for which the testing is required to confirm that placement testing can be completed remotely.
- Gather all pertinent testing information from your designated institution to ensure all of the expected requirements are met. It is imperative that you are clear on the testing procedures required by your institution. Often this information can be found by contacting the Testing Center, Advising Office, Admissions Office, or the website of your designated institution.
- After you have received all the necessary information from your designated institution, complete one of the following:
- If your designated institution has created a test voucher for you that allows for remote testing, contact the RVC Testing Center (815)921-2385 or via e-mail email@example.com to schedule a testing appointment.
- Submit any proctor paperwork to the RVC Testing Center for our staff to complete and return to your designated institution.
Options for submission include:
- Mailing Address:
Rock Valley College Testing Center
3301 N. Mulford Rd.
Rockford, IL 61114
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (815)-921-2389
Please allow 48 hours for this paperwork to process.
- Contact the RVC Testing Center to verify that the necessary proctoring instructions from your institution have been received and to schedule an appointment. Call the Testing Center at (815)921-2385 or email email@example.com.
- RVC charges a $20.00* (cash or check only) proctoring fee. Payment is expected on the date of your placement test. A photo ID is required for all testing.
We believe you will find the RVC Testing Center proctoring services to be convenient, friendly, and professional. We look forward to working with you.
RVC Testing Center Hours
Monday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Open select Saturdays (8 a.m. – 12 p.m.)
Note: The RVC Testing Center will not be able to proctor the placement test during our designated finals week for fall and spring semesters. Please contact the RVC Testing Center to verify these dates.