Spring 2020 New Student Welcome
Wednesday, January 8, 2020 from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
New Student Welcome is an opportunity for students to become orientated to the campus community before the start of the fall 2019 term. Meet and greet other students, staff, and faculty. Learn more about financial aid, academic and career advising, tutoring services, and other student support resources. Join us to get all your last minute questions answered prior to starting your classes!
- Students and parents will learn about campus resources at RVC
- Students and parents will meet campus administrators and learn their roles
- Parents will learn tips to better support their child during the transition to college
- Students will build community, make connections and engage with their new college community
- 8:30a.m. – 9:00a.m. Check IN- (take ID picture, purchase textbooks, pay bill, etc.)
- 9:00a.m – 9:50a.m College administrators (President, Dean of Students, Campus Safety, Financial Aid, Registrar)
- 9:50a.m.- 10:20am Student Group and Parent Group discussions
- 10:20a.m- 10:55am College Expectations
- 10:55am – 11:10am Student Panel
- 11:10am – 12:10pm Campus Tour/Scavenger Hunt
- 12:10pm-12:50pm Lunch/ Campus Resource Fair