What is Weekend College?
Weekend College is designed to allow working adults the opportunity to take college courses by attending class only on the weekends, allowing you to balance your work life and academic life.
- Classes meet on campus every other Saturday with online assignments for you to work on in-between. You will hear this referred to at RVC as a "hybrid" course.
- These are "accelerated" 8-week courses, meaning the material covered is the same as our typical 16-week courses, but condensed into 8 weeks, allowing you to complete more classes in a shorter amount of time.
- Saturday morning (9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) and afternoon (1:30 - 4:30 p.m.) options are available to fit your schedule.
- Earn anywhere from 3-12 credits per semester. Each semester will offer 2 classes in the first 8 weeks (1 morning, 1 afternoon) and 2 classes in the second 8 weeks (1 morning, 1 afternoon) .
- You can potentially complete up to 36 credits of core general education classes over the course of 4 semesters (fall, spring, summer, fall).
Who should consider Weekend College?
- Working adults who don't have time to attend class during our typical Monday-Friday schedule
- Current RVC students who want to knock out extra credits and graduate sooner.